Diabetes Education Program
Our accredited Diabetes educators will help you become knowledgeable about managing problems and preventing complications in order to live with diabetes in the most satisfying and fulfilling way. Our Diabetes Center is accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators.
When you are referred by your physician, you may be scheduled for an appointment with our Registered/Licensed Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator (R.D./L.D., C.D.E.), who will be available to help you learn more about diabetes. Some of the areas that may be addressed include:
- which foods affect blood sugar and which foods do not
- what to do if your blood sugar is too high or too low
- how to take your diabetes medications and how they work
- painless blood sugar testing and getting the supplies you need to test
- target blood sugar and A1Cs
- goals for exercise
- general diabetes disease management and follow-up to help you meet your goals
Your physician may also refer you for help with losing weight.
Power Over Diabetes
Complete Health™ presents a 6-part look at Type 2 Diabetes and what patients can do to live a happy healthy life with the right mindset, diet and medications to live a normal life.